Yesterday after I kissed my daughter, I said to her, "Have a wonderful day." Then I kissed my son good bye and I didn't want to be repetitive so I said, "Have a great day." He looked at me disappointed and asked, "I can't have a wonderful day?"
Don't worry because I replied that I hope he has an impeccable day. When I kissed them good bye today, I told them both to have a wonderful day. They both replied impeccable day. I just wonder what type of day they will have tomorrow.I hope you will have a wonderful, great, and impeccable day. If you make this dish, at least your supper will be great. I even had leftovers to freeze for another day. I figure if I make more of the recipes in The Pioneer Woman Cooks Cookbook then I can justify why I should buy her new cookbook. I served the chicken spaghetti with this bread which my husband request often. I just formed rolls instead and they came out wonderful.
1 chicken, cup into pieces
1 lb spaghetti
1 4 oz. pimiento jar, diced and drained
1 small onion, finely diced
1/2 cup green bell pepper, finely diced
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
1 tsp Lawry's season salt
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Add the chicken to a stock pot. Cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and simmer the chicken until it is cooked about 25 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and set aside to cool.
- From the pot, remove 2 cups of broth and set aside.
- Bring the remaining liquid in the pot to a boil and add the spaghetti. Cook until al dente.
- Drain the spaghetti and discard the liquid from the pot.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add the cream of mushroom soup, and about 1 1/2 cups of cheddar to the spaghetti. Toss lightly. Set aside.
- Remove the chicken from the bones and cut up.
- Add the chicken to the spaghetti with the season salt, black pepper, and the cayenne pepper.
- Add the 2 cups of reserved broth to the spaghetti and toss.
- Stir the mixture together well. Add more seasonings if desired.
- Pour the mixture into a large baking pan and top with the remaining 1/2 cup cheddar cheese.
- Bake the chicken spaghetti for 35 to 45 minutes until bubbly.
Did you already know...
-In 1938, Lawry's season salt was created in Beverly Hills, CA.
- The Lawry's Prime Rib Restaurant created it to season its Prime Rib.
-It contains no MSG.