Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Caesar Salad Dressing

At supper, we often have a salad. Our salads aren't fancy. They usually contain baby spinach. We usually serve the salad with store bought dressing. I really should make my own dressings since they are pretty easy. My son loves to help since he gets to adapt the dressing to his taste. Well, my sister recommend this recipe. She told me it is her favorite Caesar Salad. I can see why. It is full of flavor. I should warn you that you must like garlic. We like garlic so we will be making this recipe often. I served the lettuce with Parmesan cheese and croutons.
Caesar Salad Dressing
5 cloves garlic, finely minced
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp vinegar
2 Tbsp mayonnaise
1/2 cup olive oil
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper

Directions:
  1. In a blender, combine the garlic, mustard, vinegar, and salt. Mix thoroughly.
  2. Add the mayonnaise and blend thoroughly.
  3. In a slow stream, add the olive oil into the blender through the lid. Mix thoroughly.
  4. Add the lemon juice with the black pepper. 
  5. Scrape down the dressing into a bowl and season to taste. 
Recipe adapted from Food Network Kitchen.

One year ago...............................I made Molasses Spice Cookies.
Two years ago.............................I made Star Cake.
Three years ago..........................I made Mahogany Cake.
Did you already know.........................
-In the U.S., ninety percent of garlic is grown in California.
-Gilroy, California boasts to be the Garlic Capital.
-The Gilroy Garlic Festival serves garlic ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment