Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Banana Oat Snack Cake

Alright, you can judge me. Yes, I served this cake for breakfast. I figured it was close enough to banana bread. The kids liked it. It is moist and taste very similar to banana bread. My husband liked it. He prefers banana bread but he said it needed less oats. I had even decreased the oats from the original recipe. I think the oats would have tasted better toasted but I liked the recipe. It did make a nice breakfast and the kids didn't complain.
Banana Oat Snack Cake
6 oz. unsalted butter
1 cup old fashion oats
1 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla
3 ripe banana, smashed

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Spray a 8x8 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
  3. Melt the butter in the microwave for 1 minute. Set aside. 
  4. In a large bowl, whisk together oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
  5. In a medium bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. 
  6. Mix the melted butter into the brown sugar mixture. Whisk together until incorporated.
  7. Add the bananas and mix well. 
  8. Add the sugar mixture to the flour mixture. Whisk until incorporated.
  9. Add the batter to the prepared dish.
  10. Bake the cake for 35 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
  11. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Recipe adapted from Bon Appetit.

One year ago...........................I made Basil and Tomato Pasta.
Two years ago.........................I made Corn Salsa.
Three years ago.......................I made Mussels.

Did you already know......................
-Since 7,000 B.C., ancient China have been eating oats.
-The ancient Greeks were the first known to make porridge from oats.
-In the U.S., 75% households have oatmeal in their kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment