Monday, January 16, 2017

Smothered Chicken Casserole

Did I surprise you by blogging 2 weeks in a row? I am trying to get back into sharing recipes with you. The best part to me about blogging is how easy it is for me to find a recipe we like and the photos of the kids. They have really grown up so fast since I started this blog. 
 
Since chicken is my husband's choice for dinner, it can get a little boring. So, I figured I would try this dish. The original recipe called for frozen broccoli but I prefer fresh every time. The original recipe had bacon crumbles on top but I hate cooking bacon so I didn't add it. This recipe does look pretty boring. I was hoping the parsley would brighten it up but I don't think it worked. Boy, I am glad it tastes better than it looks! I even told my oldest daughter she should make it. It isn't a hard recipe.
Smothered Chicken Casserole
1 tsp olive oil
4 boneless chicken breast
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
1 1/4 cup half-and-half
1 tsp smoked paprika
4 cups of cooked rice
Parsley for garnish

Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Spray a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish with nonstick baking spray. 
  3. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. 
  4. Add the chicken breast. 
  5. Sprinkle the chicken with the garlic salt and pepper. 
  6. Cook the chicken for about 5 minutes per a side until golden brown and the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F. 
  7. In a large bowl, combine the soup, half-and-half, and paprika.  
  8. Remove 3/4 cup of the sauce and set aside. 
  9. Add the rice to the sauce and mix. 
  10. Spread the rice mixture evenly into the casserole dish. 
  11. Top with the chicken breast.
  12. Spread the reserved sauce over the chicken breast. 
  13. Sprinkle the parsley over top. 
  14. Cover and bake for 20 minutes.
  15. Uncover and bake for another 10 minutes or until the sauce bubbles. 
Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker.

One year ago.........................I made Angel Food Cake.
Two years ago.......................I made Quiche Lorraine.
Three years ago.....................I made Cookies and Creme Cookies.
Four years ago.......................I made Italian Ranch Dip.
Five years ago......................I made Creme Brulee.
Did you already know...................
-More hens talk to their chicks while they are still in their egg.
-Chickens have more bones in their necks than giraffes.
-Chickens have no teeth and swallow their food whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment