Friday, January 16, 2015

Quiche Lorraine

Since I can't eat healthy all the time, I handed my son a cookbook and asked him to pick a dessert recipe. My son picked the only savory dish in the whole cookbook filled with desserts. I will admit this dish is my favorite dish I've made this year so far. My son even helped make it. He has been helping in the kitchen more which I love. I know this isn't a healthy meal. I know it is full of cheese and bacon but it is great. Since making this dish, my son has asked for me to make it again. Yes, it is that good.
Quiche Lorraine
1 unbaked pie crust
6 slices of bacon, chopped
1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) Swiss Cheese, shredded
1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
3 large eggs, well beaten
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
toppings: crumbled bacon and chopped green onions

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Line the bottom of a deep dish pie pan with the pie crust. Set aside. 
  3. In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat. 
  4. Sprinkle half of the cheese onto the bottom of the pie crust. 
  5. In a small bowl, mix the evaporated milk, eggs, salt, pepper, green onions, bacon, and the remaining cheese. 
  6. Pour the mixture into the pie crust. 
  7. Bake the pie for 35 minutes or until the quiche is cooked through and the crust is cooked.
  8. Allow the quiche to cool for 5 minutes. 
  9. Garnish with additional bacon and green onions. 
Recipe adapted from Very Best Baking cookbook.

One year ago....................................I made Cookies and Cream Cookies.
Two years ago..................................I made Italian Ranch Dip.
Three years ago................................I made Creme Brulee.
Did you already know..............
-Quiche Lorraine is quiche with cheese.
-In Lorraine, France, the typical quiche doesn't contain cheese.
-Quiche Alsacienne is quiche with onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment