Friday, May 11, 2012

Fresa Agua Fresca

Several years ago, I had a family portrait done of us. I keep it on the computer as the wallpaper. My youngest son wanted to us the computer but could not connect online. While he waited, he leaned forward to study the photo. He said to me, "Boy, do I look young." I started to laugh and I replied, "Son, you are young." My seven year leans forward and says so kindly, "Alright, boy do you guys look young." Thanks Son!
 As you can guess, I will be having an entertaining weekend with my son and family. Sunday is suppose to be beautiful. Tomorrow, I will visit my wonderful Mom. Then next day, I will be relaxing! (I have to take advantage of this since the only other day I am pampered is my birthday!) I wish you a Happy Mother's Day weekend too! If you are planning to make a meal for your Mom, I highly recommend this drink. If your Mom doesn't like strawberries, you can try maybe blueberries and lemons. If your Mom likes some rum, it would be a nice addition. The kids couldn't get enough of this drink. The pitcher was gone within minutes. I have already said this is a must on our menu for the picnic. 
Fresh Strawberry Water Drink
2 cups water
15 oz. bag of frozen strawberries, unthawed
2 limes
1/4 cup sugar

Directions:
  1. In a blender, add the water and strawberries.
  2. Process until smooth.
  3. Squeeze the juice of the two limes into the strawberry mixture.
  4. Add the sugar to the desired sweetness.
  5. Blend well and drink!
Recipe adapted from Myrecipes website.
Did you already know....
 -Fresca is the Spanish word for fresh.
-Agua is the Spanish word for water.
- Fresa is the Spanish word for strawberries. It also is a slang word for a preppy person.
She is making faces in the background!
Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment