Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies

When I make cookies, I use the ice cream scooper. So, the cookies tend to be very large. The kids like it but I think it is a little much. I've tried several times to make mini cookies but I just couldn't get it right. I would burn the edges and the middle wasn't cooked right. Well, I finally figured it out. The kids were surprised they could eat the cookies in one bite. It didn't stop them from eating several of them. I love chocolate chip cookies so this recipe is great. Plus with Halloween here, it is great to eat less cookies.
Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup semi sweet mini chocolate chips

Direction:
  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. 
  2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. 
  3. In a large bowl, cream the butter with the brown sugar and sugar. 
  4. Add the eggs one at a time. Mix until incorporated. 
  5. Add the vanilla and mix well. 
  6. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until incorporated. 
  7. Fold in the chopped chocolate chips. 
  8. Refrigerate for 1 hour.  
  9. Scoop the chilled dough into about 1 Tbsp balls onto the cookie sheet spaced about 3 inches apart.
  10.  Bake the cookies for about 15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. 
  11. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
 Recipe adapted from Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies.

One year ago..........................I made Seasoned Chicken with sweet potatoes.
Two years ago........................I made Pirate Cookies.
Three years ago......................I made Chocolate Brownie Cookies.
Four years ago........................I made Mummy Cake Pops.
Did you already know...............
-Almost half of Americans celebrate Halloween. 
-Americans will spend over $2 billion on candy for Halloween.
-Americans will spend almost $2 billion on Halloween decorations.

No comments:

Post a Comment