Friday, June 24, 2016

Cinnamon Tea Cookies

     Alright, I haven't made cookies for while. So, it was time. I wanted something spicy and sweet which match these cookies. These cookies did not last. I really like spice so I did increase the amount of spice in the recipe. 
     Lately, I have made this deal with my daughter. I will make the cookie dough if she bakes the cookies. Since she wants the cookies, she always agrees. I think it is a nice arrangement. She does a great job. She likes the arrangement since she always gets the first cookie. I always tell her if she doesn't want to make all the cookies then freeze the dough. She has never frozen the dough and has made tray after tray of cookies. Why save some dough for later when she can have all the cookies today. Plus she knows Mom will make more cookie dough if asked. 
     Also, I'm heading to Scotland this weekend. I am going with my sister and we will see my Dad. I will post some photos of my trip next month.
Cinnamon Tea Cookies
1 1/3 cup white whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 cup sugar
10 Tbsp butter, softened
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla extract. 

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. 
  2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. 
  3. In a small bowl, whisk the flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda. Set aside.
  4. In a large bowl, cream the sugar and butter until fluffy. 
  5. Add the egg and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
  6. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and combine. 
  7. Scoop 1 inch dough onto the baking sheet. Space the dough at least 2 inches apart. 
  8. Bake the cookies for 12 minutes or until medium brown.
Recipe adapted from Tazo.

Two years ago.....................I made Paint Splatter Cupcakes.
Three years ago...................I made Flag Cookies.
Four years ago.....................I made Sweet Cakes.
Did you already know.................
-Cinnamon sticks are called quills. 
-Indonesia is the largest producer of cinnamon.
-The ancient Egyptians used cinnamon as an embalming ingredient.

No comments:

Post a Comment