Happy Easter!Since Easter is so early this year, I thought it would be great to make a fake egg. I thought it would be a fitting April Fools Joke in connection with Easter. My oldest daughter helped me make the white part of the egg. My younger children saw us making these eggs. After I assembled them, I placed them on the plate. My husband walked in the kitchen and saw them. He didn't realize they were fake. My younger children were fooled too. I made two different "yolks" since I wasn't sure how it would turn out. I think both ways were great. The original recipe calls for lemon curd but I wanted something else. I liked the results.
2 cups of white candy melts
12 yellow gummy bears
12 yellow Starburst candy
4 orange Starburst candy
- Melt the white candy melt in the microwave. Stir often.
- Pour the melted candy melts into plastic Easter eggs. Be generous.
- Refrigerate the Easter eggs until the candy melts harden.
- Carefully, remove the candy melts from the Easter eggs by gently squeezing the sides of the eggs. Some will break but it will just add to the appearance of the eggs.
- To make the lighter yolk, melt the yellow gummy bears in the microwave for about 10 seconds at a time. (I only used 2 bears at a time.) Once pliable, carefully place the hot bears on top of the candy melts making a ball to look like yolk. Allow to harden.
- To make the darker yolk, melt 3 yellow Starburst with 1 orange Starburst at a time.
- Mix the Starburst together until the colors have been incorporated.
- Carefully add the Starburst candy on top of the candy melt forming a ball.
One year ago.........................I made Spaghetti and Meatball cupcakes.
Did you already know...........
-Eggs and birds have been around longer than humans.
-In 1400 B.C., records view birds have been domesticated by the Egyptian and Chinese.
-In 1493, Christopher Columbus brought chickens to America.
I wish you luck tomorrow on spotting hoaxes. Have fun!