Monday, January 23, 2017

Chicken Enchilada Soup

My husband isn't a big fan of restaurants. He would rather do take out then wait at a table with hungry kids. This soup is a copy cat recipe from the Chili's restaurant. I haven't ate at a Chili's restaurant for over ten years and I never ordered any soup. When I suggested this soup, he wasn't a big fan. So, I suggested I should make it for the kids and he could make his favorite can soup. He said alright. Then I made the soup. It smelled really good. My son tried it and loved it. So, my husband tried it. Then he had a bowl of it. Then he even had it as leftovers. Yes, he liked it that much. It is really good. I even had some leftovers and so did my son. This is an easy meal to make. Since I love fire roasted tomatoes, I substituted them.
Chicken Enchilada Soup
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup Mesa Harina mix
2 cup hot water
4 cup chicken broth
2 (14 oz. ) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
2 (10oz.) cans red enchilada sauce
1 (4 oz.) can green chilies
2 (14 oz.) cans Mexican stewed tomatoes
2 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp butter
3 cup cooked chicken, shredded
3 cups sharp cheddar cheese
garnish: tortilla strips, green onions, cheddar cheese

Directions:
  1. In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat for 1 minute.
  2. Add the onion and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes. 
  3. Add the Mesa mix and stir for 2 minutes.
  4. Add the water and chicken broth. Stir to combine.
  5. Add the black beans, enchilada sauce, green chili, and the tomatoes.
  6. Add the salt, sugar, chili powder, cumin, and butter. Stir. 
  7. Stir in the cooked chicken. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
  8. Stir in the cheese. Cook until melted. 
  9. Serve and garnish with desired toppings.
Recipe adapted from Jamie Cooks It Up.

One year ago.........................I made Chocolate Souffle.
Two years ago.......................I made Mango Rice.
Three years ago.....................I made Steamed Buns.
Four years ago.......................I made World Peace Cookies.
Five years ago.......................I made Orange Chicken.
Did you already know.....................
-In 1975, Larry Levine formed Chili's restaurant.
-The first store opened in Dallas, Texas.
-There is a Chili's restaurant in all 50 states and 24 internationally. 

3 comments:

  1. Wow, incredible blog layout! How long have you been blogging for?
    you make blogging look easy. The overall
    look of your site is wonderful, as well as the content!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I m so glad to visit this blog.This blog is really so amazing.Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete