Friday, November 9, 2012

Lasagna Soup

I love reading blogs. I bookmark many recipes but it usually takes me awhile to make the recipe especially if it isn't a quick recipe. Plus, I try to take a consensus for the recipe. For an example, I have been trying to make pork chops for a week now. My husband keeps suggesting something else or he will cook. So, I purchased the pork chops so guess what we will be having tomorrow. My husband is normally fine with soup unless it is vegetable then he would rather have chips and dip. So when I saw this recipe, I knew I would be making it real soon. I just said we were having soup.
I will tell you that I blog recipes my family likes. There was no liking this recipe. We loved it. My husband is not a big fan of pasta but he told me that I could cook this meal four times a week-yes four times. My children loved it. My oldest daughter just kept saying.......mmmmmmmm. It is easy. It is cheesy. It is delicious. You really need to try this recipe. It is so much easier than lasagna. You need to try this soup. I guess I sound like Sam I am in Green Eggs and Ham. "Try them! Try them! And you may. Try them and you may, I say." (pg 53) You may want to try it four times a week.
Lasagna Soup
1 lb. ground sweet Italian sausage
1 onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp thyme
1 Tbsp brown sugar
4 cups chicken broth
1 (14.5 oz) can diced stewed tomatoes
1 (14.5 oz) can diced Italian stewed tomatoes
2 (8 oz.) cans tomato sauce
7 lasagna noodles, broken into large pieces (about 3" pieces or smaller)
1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated

Directions:
  1. In a large pot, heat the ground sausage over medium heat.
  2. Add the onion, pepper, garlic, and salt. Cook until the sausage is browned.
  3. To the pot, add the thyme, brown sugar, the cans of stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, and chicken broth. Bring the soup to a boil.
  4. Once the soup begins to boil, reduce the heat and allow the soup to simmer for 20 minutes.
  5. Add the noodles to the soup and stir. Allow the soup to simmer for 10 minutes or until the noodles are a dente or the desired consistency.
  6. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and stir. Allow the cheese melt for a minute before lading into bowls.
  7. Top the soup with mozzarella cheese and serve.
Recipe adapted from Jamie Cooks It Up!.

One year ago...................I made Roasted Chicken.
Did you already know.....
-Dr. Seuss was a pseudonym for Theodor Seuss Geisel. 
-Seuss was his mother's maiden name. 
-Dr. Seuss received his bachelor's degree in literature from Dartmouth College. 
-Dr. Seuss continued his studies at Lincoln College, Oxford but never completed his doctorate studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment