Monday, December 2, 2013

Sweet Potato Casserole

Yes, I know Thanksgiving is over. I know I should be blogging about things with peppermint and snowmen but my friend Jessica requested this recipe. Yes, I do take request. Since I can remember as a little girl, my family have made this recipe. My mother gave it to me in my recipe book over 20 years ago. It is one of my favorite childhood recipes. I love it.
Sweet Potato Casserole
Filling:
3 cups mashed sweet potatoes, boiled
1/2 cup melted butter
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs, beaten slightly
Topping:
1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup butter
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup flour

Directions:
  1. In a large bowl, beat the sweet potatoes, butter, salt, vanilla, sugar, milk, and eggs.
  2. Place the filling into a large casserole dish. Set aside.
  3. In a medium bowl, mix the brown sugar, butter, pecans, and flour until incorporated.
  4. Evenly spread the topping over the sweet potato mixture.
  5. Bake the casserole at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes. 
Recipe provided from my Mom. 

One year ago...........................I made Chocolate Macadamia Nut Clusters.
Two years ago.........................I made Buckeye Peanut Butter Balls.
Did you already know..............................
-Sweet Potatoes originate from Central and South America.
-President George Washington grew sweet potatoes at Mount Vernon.
-The U.S. Department of Agricultural requires canned Yams to have the term sweet potato listed on the label.

No comments:

Post a Comment