Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Seasoned Chicken with Sweet Potatoes

For October, I always have an urge to cook with orange foods. Since I had some sweet potatoes on hand, I figured I would use them up. I actually don't cook with sweet potatoes often. When I was a kid, we had them all the time. It could because my father is from Mississippi. I really should cook with sweet potatoes more. At least next month, I will be making sweet potato casserole for Thanksgiving.
Seasoned Chicken with Sweet Potatoes aka Halloween Supper
2 tsp olive oil
2 tsp butter
3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
3 chicken breast
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp oregano 
1 tsp rosemary
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
  2. Onto a large baking sheet combine 1 tsp olive oil, 1 tsp butter, and the sweet potatoes.
  3. Bake the potatoes for 10 minutes.
  4. Heat a large skillet over medium heat with the olive oil
  5. Add the butter.
  6. Season the chicken breast with the thyme, oregano, rosemary, salt and pepper. 
  7. Once the butter has melted, add the chicken breast.
  8. Cook the chicken breast for 5 minutes per a side until golden brown.
  9. Remove from the skillet and top the sweet potatoes with the browned chicken. 
  10. Place the baking sheet back into the oven and cook for 10 minutes or until a meat thermometer reaches 165 degrees.
  11. Remove the chicken from the baking sheet and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
  12. Flip the sweet potatoes and allow to bake for another 10 minutes or until fork tender.
Recipe by Jen of Sweet Morris.

One year ago................................I made Pumpkin Juice.
Two years ago..............................I made Chocolate Brownie Cookies.
Three years ago............................I made Mummy Cake Pops.
Did you already know......................
-President Washington grew sweet potatoes at his home in Mount Vernon.
-In the U.S., North Carolina is the leading sweet potato grower.
-Sweet potatoes are native to Central and South America.

No comments:

Post a Comment