Monday, September 5, 2011

Beginnings


 What better way to start a blog than with a cake! I made this for my little girl's 8th birthday! I showed her several different cakes of different blogs and this is the one that she picked. I liked the name since she will always be my princess! Enjoy!

Princess
Snow White Vanilla Birthday Cake





Snow White Vanilla Birthday Cake     
(A cake fit for a Princess.)

4 egg whites beaten stiff
1/2 cup butter
2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract (or 1 tsp if preferred like I did.)
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
3 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cups water, very cold

Directions:
1. Grease 3 round cake pans and dust with flour.
2. Beat the 4 egg whites until stiff peaks.
3. In a medium bowl, beat sugar and butter until fluffy.
4. Add the extracts tot he sugar butter.
5. In another bowl, sift the dry ingredients.
6. Add some of the dry ingredients then alternating with the cold water to the sugar butter until all mixed.
7. Gently fold in the beaten egg whites.
8. Evenly pour the batter between the 3 greased pans. I measured out a cup of batter and added to the pans.
9. Bake for 30 minutes.
10. Cover with frosting. I used Swiss Meringue Buttercream by Sweetapolita. She has great directions for the Swiss Meringue Buttercream.

Source: Adapted from Sweetapolita 
The cake will make any Princess happy!
Were you a Princess or a Tomboy? I was both depending on the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment