I will occasionally ask my youngest daughter to go downstairs and get her sibling. Instead, she will holler for them while she is next to me. Does anyone in your house do this? I want to make sure it isn't just mine.
I think she just likes to holler. One day, we were all downstairs and my youngest daughter started to holler for her dad. He would holler back, "yea." She wouldn't answer but she kept hollering for him. Since my husband was busy, he just kept hollering back up to her. After a few minutes of this exchange, the next time my daughter hollered for "Dad", my husband responded "There is no one here with that name." It was suddenly quiet since she didn't know how to respond back but my youngest son did. My son turns to his dad and said, "Hey, whoever you are, she wants you." Then he smiles at my husband and says, "Did you like that better?"
Whoopie Pie Cake
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 Tbsp ground cinnamon
1 Tbsp ground ginger
1 1/2 tsp ground cloves
2 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup of apple sauce
3 cup pumpkin puree
1 tsp vanilla extract
Whoopie Pie Filling:
4 oz of cream cheese, room temperature
1 stick of unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup powder sugar
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degree.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves.
- In another bowl, cream the brown sugar with the vegetable oil and applesauce.
- Add the pumpkin to the sugar mixture and beat.
- Add the eggs one at a time then the vanilla. Mix well.
- Slowly, add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture.
- Mix until incorporated.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of batter onto the baking sheet. Try to make the sizes.
- Cook for about 15 minutes.**Prepare the filling while waiting**
- Let cool on cookie rack for five minutes then transfer to a wire rack.
- Prepare the next batch of cakes and place in the oven
Let cool completely about 30 minutes before frosting.
For the filling, combine the cream cheese, pumpkin, and the butter.
Add the powder sugar to the filling mixture.
Mix in the spices into the filling mixture until well incorporated. Refrigerate.
Whoopie Pie Cake recipe adapted from Bake at 350. Whoopie Pie Filling recipe adapted from Martha Stewart.
|See the eyeball?|
|The oldest daughter!|
-The Maine State treat is the Maine Whoopie Pie.
-The Maine State dessert if the Blueberry Pie.
-The Whoopie Pie festival is held in Pennsylvania.
-The Whoopie Pie has been argued to originated in Pennsylvania, Maine, or Massachusetts.