Monday, October 17, 2011

Cheddar Bay Biscuits

I live in Maine. We have local lobster restaurants everywhere. There are restaurants right on the water where the lobster boats will dock to deliver lobster and other local seafood. We do not have Red Lobster restaurants in Maine. The closes Red Lobster is in New York. The closes Red Lobster's Cheddar Bay Biscuits are at least five hours away. I don't think I'll convince my husband to head to New York for biscuits. Honey, dear, lets go for a ride today? A long ride? For some biscuits? Did I convince you? If not, I don't think he'll go for it. If you do not feel like driving so far for their delicious biscuits, try making this recipe.
When I was a teenager (a few years ago?), my sister took me to a local lobster house for my birthday dinner.The restaurant did serve good rolls.My sister doesn't eat lobster but she is sweet and took me anyways. She hasn't taken me since. I have some suggestions for you if you are eating lobster. If you are eating lobster, your companion should sit next to you. It is safer. You are the one wearing the lobster bib but the other person isn't safe from getting sprayed. Another suggest is if you are on a date, don't order lobster. It is not an attractive item to eat.

 Cheddar Bay Biscuits
2 1/2 cups Bisquick
4 Tbsp cold butter
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 tsp garlic powder

Butter Glaze
3 Tbsp butter
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried parsley

  1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. 
  2. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
  3. In a bowl, cut the cold butter into the Bisquick with a pastry cutter. Don't over mix. The butter should be about the size of a pea.
  4. Add the cheddar cheese, buttermilk, and garlic powder.
  5. Mix with a spoon until combined. Don't over mix.
  6. Drop the dough by spoonful onto the cookie sheet.
  7. In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the butter until melted.
  8. Stir in the garlic powder and parsley into the butter.
  9. Brush the tops of the biscuits and set aside.
  10. Bake about 13 minutes or until golden brown.
  11. Brush the tops of the biscuits again with the butter glaze.
  12. Sprinkle the top with additional parsley.
Recipe adapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything.

Did you already know.............
-Red Lobster is known for their Cheddar Bay biscuits and serve about 1.1 million of the biscuits every day.
-New England cheddar cheese traditionally is white in color because it doesn't contain color additives.
-Cabot's naturally aged cheddar has no lactose.

No comments:

Post a Comment