Friday, March 9, 2012

Mr. Brevity

Last year, I thought it would be a good idea to have a word of the week since my oldest would be taking the SAT. The youngest kids didn't mind. They thought it was pretty cool learning new words plus I tried to use fun words like flippant and impeccable. Now, my youngest children tell me how their oldest sister has a flippant attitude all the time. Their oldest sister just agrees with them. 
One of the words of the week was brevity. On school days, my son is so slow getting ready for school. He has missed the bus several times since he thinks the world will wait for him. On these mornings, I will say, "Come on, Mr. Brevity. We need to go." Well, the other day we were reviewing our words of the week. I asked my son if he knew what brevity meant. He said yes, it means quick like him because is why we call him Mr. Brevity. So, the next word of the week will be facetious.
If you have a great vocabulary word for the word of the week, let me know. The word I would use to describe this sandwich would be delicious!

Fried Meatball Sandwich with additional meatballs
5 eggs
1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 cup dried parsley leaves,
3 cloves garlic, minced
salt and pepper
3 lbs ground chuck
1 lb ground pork
1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
2 Tbsp olive oil
4 buns
4 slices of Provolone cheese
1 jar of marinara sauce


Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs.
  3. Add the Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic, salt, pepper, ground chuck, ground pork, and the Panko breadcrumbs. Mix until well incorporated.
  4. Form 4 patties and the remaining meat roll into desired size meatballs.
  5. In a skillet on medium heat, add the olive oil.
  6. In a pot, heat the marinara sauce on low heat. Stir occasionally.
  7. Add the four patties and cook about 6 minutes a side.
  8. In a baking dish, add the meatballs and cook in the oven for about 30 minutes or until the meatballs look medium rare done. (You will be reheating at another time.)
  9. When the meatballs are done, allow to cool and transfer to a freezer bag to store in the freezer until ready to use.
  10. Cook the patties until cooked through and then top with cheese.
  11. Remove the patties and place on top of the opened bun.
  12. Top the patty with the warmed marinara sauce.
Recipe adapted from The Sandwich King on Food network. Enjoy!
Did you already know.............
-In 1901, the SAT was developed to test intelligence.
-In 2005, an essay section was added to the SAT.
-The SAT is offered seven times a year.
-The average score is 1520 out of 2400.
-It is recommended to score at least a 2080 for Harvard.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jen - As a fellow Project Pastry Queen member, I love following your blog. I really enjoy all the stories. I don't know how you do it all AND keep up with the blog.

    I received a Liebster Blog Award and my job is to pass it on to 5 other blogs. I picked yours! Here’s my post with more information on the rules and how you can pass along the award. http://ruflove.wordpress.com/2012/03/09/liebster-blog-award-yay/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for thinking of me.

    ReplyDelete