Since the Olympics opening ceremony is tonight, I thought scones would be a fitting way to use up the remaining raspberries I have. Next week, I am going to post some British dishes. This is going to be a culinary journey for my family. Yes, this even includes my oldest daughter since she ate mostly hamburgers when she was in England.
A couple years ago, my husband and I spent the night in England but it was only because we were in transit. We arrived when it was dark outside and we left at dawn. We did not enjoy warm scones but we were able to get our passport stamped. Next time, we will stay longer.I love scones since they are easy to make and make a quick breakfast for the next day. My youngest daughter likes scones since they are similar to muffins and biscuits. My youngest son just like to say the name scones. Would you like some scones this morning?
Raspberry Cream Cheese Scones
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
5 Tbsp unsalted butter, cold and cut into small pieces
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
7 Tbsp cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, gently stir cream cheese, milk, and egg together until combined.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Cut in the butter to the flour mixture using your hands, pastry blender, or two forks until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Create a well in the center of the flour mixture and add the cream cheese mixture with the raspberries.
- Carefully, mix together the dough.
- Form the dough into a circle 1 inch thick.
- Cut 2 inch circles into the dough and place the circles on the parchment paper spacing about 1 inch apart.
- Carefully gather the remaining scrapes and cut out a few more circles while trying not to rework the dough to much.
- Bake the scones for 20 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
-Great Britain comprises of England, Scotland, and Wales.
-Scones originate from Scotland.
-The United Kingdom comprises of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales.