Let's party like it's my sister's birthday! What a wonderful way to celebrate Friday by a birthday. When anyone asks who is younger I always say I am. Usually, the person says I thought so and I think they are great since they must know I am older especially with a 7 year difference.
Happy Birthday Sam!
The other exciting event today is my other sister is getting married! It is going to be beautiful. Everyone should marry a person who makes them a better person and I'm glad my sister has found that man. I held a bridal shower this past weekend for her and I made these cupcakes for her.Blueberry cupcakes
1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1 3/4 cup cake flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2/3 cup milk
1 1/2 fresh wild blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after adding each egg.
- Add in the sour cream, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the milk and stir until the batter is smooth.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Fill each cupcake liner 2/3 full.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes.
- Remover from the oven and transfer the cupcakes to a cooling rack.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool to room temperature before frosting.
Did you already know...
Some wedding folklore is:
-The luckiest day to marry is suppose to be Wednesday.
-To ensure wedding bliss, the bride should wear gold earrings. -It is considered good luck for the bride to find a spider on her wedding gown.
To my sisters, I hope you both have a perfect day!