Friday, August 17, 2012

A Birthday and a Wedding

Let's party like it's my sister's birthday! What a wonderful way to celebrate Friday by a birthday. When anyone asks who is younger I always say I am. Usually, the person says I thought so and I think they are great since they must know I am older especially with a 7 year difference.
 Happy Birthday Sam!
The other exciting event today is my other sister is getting married! It is going to be beautiful. Everyone should marry a person who makes them a better person and I'm glad my sister has found that man. I held a bridal shower this past weekend for her and I made these cupcakes for her.
Blueberry cupcakes
1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1 3/4 cup cake flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2/3 cup milk
1 1/2 fresh wild blueberries

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 
  2. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
  3. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter sugar until light and fluffy.
  4. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after adding each egg. 
  5. Add in the sour cream, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract.
  6. Gradually add the cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
  7. Add the milk and stir until the batter is smooth.
  8. Gently fold in the blueberries.
  9. Fill each cupcake liner 2/3 full.
  10. Bake for 16 to 18 minutes.
  11. Remover from the oven and transfer the cupcakes to a cooling rack.
  12. Allow the cupcakes to cool to room temperature before frosting.
Recipe adapted from the Pastry Affair.
Did you already know...
Some wedding folklore is:
-The luckiest day to marry is suppose to be Wednesday.
-To ensure wedding bliss, the bride should wear gold earrings. -It is considered good luck for the bride to find a spider on her wedding gown.
 To my sisters, I hope you both have a perfect day!

No comments:

Post a Comment