My husband asked my son if he could be good at an appointment for an hour. My son said honestly no. My husband asked him why. My son said because he couldn't go that long without food. We do feed the boy (regularly). Can you imagine having the same type of conversation with your boss? Jen, can you attend this training? No. Why not? Because they don't feed me on planes anymore. I don't think it will work.
Near where we live, there is a drive in restaurant like they had back in the day. This restaurant makes a great chicken sandwich.I wanted to try my own attempt at making a juicy, chicken sandwich. It was juicy and a great break from hamburgers.Chicken Sandwich
4 chicken breast
1/4 cup olive oil
1 Tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp thyme
2 tsp oregano
1 tsp rosemary
salt and pepper for taste
hamburger buns, lettuce, tomato, cheese, mayo, and other desired toppings
- In a sealable plastic bag, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, and the herbs.
- Add the chicken breast and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat the skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken breast and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Flip the chicken over and cook for another 5 minutes. Check the chicken is cooked through if not continue to cook the chicken until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from the skillet and allow to rest on a plate for 5 minutes before serving.
Did you already know.....
-In 1936, the first drive in restaurant opened in California.
-Drive in restaurants were very popular in the 1950s.
-The wait staff at a drive in restaurant are called carhops.