Monday, November 5, 2012

Blondie

This past weekend was my birthday! It may have just been a few days since my last blog but I'm a year older. With different schedules, I really do not have a lot of time to spend with my sisters (I have three), so I always ask them not to purchase me a gift for my birthday but to bring me out to eat. This way I get to spend some quality time alone with them which I hardly ever get to do. For their birthdays, I take them out so we have some quality time just the two of us at least twice a year. It is very nice.
 Also, my husband took me out to eat with our family and my favorite person. For my birthday dessert, I ordered the Blondie skillet. Oh, it is so good. Now, I have asked my husband many times if he would like some. He always say no. It has nuts on it. Well, I figured I would make some Blondies at home for everyone since I tried not to share my birthday Blondie. (I gave in to my daughter who thought it was best to share which I never mind unless it is my water. For some strange reason, I never want to share my water.) When I made this recipe to share, my husband loved it-let me stress-loved it. I like this version better than the restaurants. I like walnuts but prefer pecans. Try this recipe with or without a scoop of vanilla ice cream. It is very gooey!
Walnut Blondie Skillet:
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 egg
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup white chocolate chips

Maple butter sauce:
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup powdered sugar
2 Tbsp cream cheese, softened
1 Tbsp maple syrup

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. In a 8x8 baking pan, line with parchment paper and cooking spray.
  3. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pecans. Set aside.
  4. In a large bowl, combine the melted butter and brown sugar.
  5. Add the egg and vanilla to the melted butter mixture. Mix well.
  6. Add the flour mixture a little at a time to the butter mixture until all combined.
  7. Fold in the white chocolate chips.
  8. Spread the mixture into the prepared baking pan.
  9. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the center is cooked through or a little gooey in the middles. Set aside to combine.
  10. To prepare the sauce, add the 1/4 cup of butter, powdered sugar, cream cheese, and maple syrup until blended smooth.
  11. When ready to serve, heat the maple butter sauce in the microwave for 30 seconds before pouring over the warm blondie. 
  12. Top with ice cream and toasted pecans if desired. 
Recipe adapted from Tablespoon.

One year ago.............I was making Sausage, Bean, and Vegetable Soup.
Did you already know............. 
-It may take the Earth 24 hours to rotate once but Mercury takes 59 days to turn around just once.
-Venus rotates once every 243 days.
-Some scientist estimated the Earth’s rotation once was about 6 hours long before the Earth had a moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment