Monday, December 10, 2012

Penne Aglio-olio

My oldest daughter called to tell me that she was leaving work. When I hung up the phone, my youngest daughter asked, "Who was that?" So, I said, "Some girl that says she is my oldest daughter." My youngest daughter shook her head and said very seriously, "No, no that can't be true since I'm your only daughter." I said, "Oh, I didn't know that but I'll tell your older sister when she gets home." After arriving home, my oldest daughter was surprised to find out that I don't have an older daughter per her sibling. Now, I think I was more surprised my youngest daughter disowned her older sister and not her younger brother but she probably does that at school. Can you imagine her friends shock when they tell my daughter that they saw her younger brother and she tells them she doesn't have a younger brother? It is never serious at my house. 
With the holidays approaching, I have been spending more time baking. I have recently my children if I had to cook and they said yes so I went with something quick. I tried cereal for the second day in a row but no they wanted food. I am just kidding. I really liked this meal but I liked the sausage the best. My oldest daughter has been bringing the leftovers to work for lunch.

Penne Aglio-olio
1 lb. penne pasta
3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
4 chicken sausage, (I used spinach and feta all natural chicken sausage.)
1 tsp chili flakes
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 cups baby spinach leaves, washed
1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated

Directions:
  1. Boil the pasta according to the directions on the box in salted water. Drain when cooked to al dente.
  2. Cut the chicken sausage into bite size pieces. 
  3. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. 
  4. Add the sausage to the skillet and cook the sausage for about 5 minutes.
  5. Add the chili flakes and the garlic to the skillet Cook for 1 minute.
  6. Add the spinach leaves and cook for another minute until the leaves have wilted.
  7. Add the pasta to the skillet and mix until combined with the chicken mixture about 1 minute.
  8. Serve the pasta in bowls and top with the grated cheese.
Recipe adapted from Nadia G.

One year ago...............................I made Honey Butter Pork.
Did you already know.................
-The difference between Parmesan and Parmigiano is the region the cheese derives.
-Parmesan cheese did not derive form Italy like Parmigiano.
-Parmigiano will have a seal for authenticity since the cheese is regulated.

No comments:

Post a Comment