Saturday, June 15, 2013

Cheese Crackers

I have never made crackers before. I don't know why. My husband loves crackers with dip. I think it is his favorite lunch. Since Father's Day is this Sunday, I wanted to make him something thoughtful for being a good Dad. When he arrived home from work, he was surprised with what I made for him. Even never thought to ask me to make crackers. He thought they were great. I will say crackers are really simple to make. They are a great treat even to add to a lunch box especially since my son loved them. 
Cheese Crackers with a kick
6 oz. Monterey Jack with Jalapeno Cheese
4 Tbsp butter, softened
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 Tbsp milk

Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. In a food processor, pulse the cheese, butter, flour, and salt for about 20 seconds.
  3. Add the milk and combine for 10 seconds.
  4. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to about 1/8 thickness and cut into desired shapes.
  5. On a parchment lined baking sheet, bake the crackers for about 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe adapted from Smitten Kitchen.

One year ago....................................I made an Icebox Dessert.
 Did you already know......................
-A cheese connoisseur is called a turophile.
-The French word for cheese is fromage.
-A person who sells cheese is called a cheesemonger.

No comments:

Post a Comment