Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Frosted Sunflowers

My sister's favorite flower is the sunflower. If she is to draw a picture of a flower, it is a sunflower. If you want to get on her good side, give her sunflowers. She is not a carnation type girl. So, I wanted to make her some cupcakes with a sunflower on top. I will admit I am not a pro at frosting. I have never attempted to make a flower out of frosting. I watched a couple of tutorials online. They make it look so easy. I will admit I could have been using the wrong tip but overall I liked the looks of them. The main thing I wanted to show you was how to make the seeds of the sunflower. What do you think? I hope you can tell my flowers are suppose to be sunflowers. I am just glad my sister liked them.
Frosted Sunflowers
Frosting
1/2 cup Sugar
Food dye

Directions:
  1. In a plastic bag, add the sugar.
  2. Add a couple of drops of the desired food color to the bag.
  3. Seal the bag and mix. If a darker color is desired, add a couple more drops of food dye and mix again. Set aside until needed.
  4. On a piece of wax paper, pipe the desired flower shape.
  5. With a toothpick, gently pick up a little sugar and place in the center of the frosting flower.
One year ago..........I made Stracciatella Double Cookie Dough Ice Cream.
Did you already know...............
-Sunflowers are a native flower to America.
-Kansas state flower is the sunflower.
-Sunflower's color range from yellow to burgundy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment