Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Cajun Biscuits

Have you ever been to Louisiana? Maybe you've been to Mardi Gras? Maybe you are heading to Mardi Gras which begins next week? I will admit I've never been to Mardi Gras but it sounds so wild. I have been to New Orleans and walked down Bourbon Street. I enjoy Cajun food so I figured I would make some biscuits with a little heat. I did forget to tell my husband so he was pleasantly surprised.
Cajun Biscuits
2 cups all purpose flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
4 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup milk

Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
  2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. 
  3. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, paprika, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and garlic powder.
  4. Cut in the butter until it resembles course meal.
  5. Mix in the sour cream and milk until just incorporated.
  6. Roll out the dough about 1 inch thickness onto a lightly floured surface.
  7. Cut out the biscuits into 2 inch circles.
  8. Space the biscuits about 2 inches apart onto the baking sheet.
  9. Bake the biscuits for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
  10. Serve immediately.
Recipe by Jen of Sweet Morris.

One year ago...........................I made Macaroni and Cheese.
Two years ago.........................I made Butterscotch Fondue.
Did you already know..............
-The capital of Louisiana is Baton Rouge.
-In Louisiana, the largest city is New Orleans. 
-Louisiana is divided into parishes and not counties.

No comments:

Post a Comment