Monday, March 23, 2015

Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcakes

My son said these are his favorite cupcakes. What a claim! I liked them a lot. My husband really liked the addition of the mint chocolate chips. I figured I would make some cupcakes with my cute little Easter liners. I should have double lined them so you could see them better. I also bought those Spring color candies for the tops. My husband elected to forgo the candies on top. He is just too cool for them. The kids figured more for them.
Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 large eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 cup mint chocolate chip morsels

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Line two muffin tin with cupcake liners. 
  3. In a large bowl, whisk the cocoa powder, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
  4. In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, brown sugar, oil, vanilla, and buttermilk. 
  5. Combine the buttermilk mixture to the flour mixture until smooth.
  6. Fold in the chocolate chip morsels.
  7. Evenly distribute the batter between the cupcake liners. 
  8. Bake the cupcakes for 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Recipe adapted from Sally's Baking Addition.

One year ago.........................I made Coconut Pudding.
Three years ago.....................I made Sloppy Joes.
Did you already know......................
-Mint can be found in Egyptian tombs.
-In Greek mythology, the jealous wife of Pluto (god of the underworld) changed the nymph Minthes into the mint plant.
-To prevent people for treading on the plant forever, the jealous wife, Proserpine, gave the nymph the fragrant mint scent.

Happy Birthday Rosie!

No comments:

Post a Comment