Monday, March 30, 2015

Spicy Apple Cupcakes

Alright, this post is a hint for the April Fools post for Wednesday. Maybe it has something to do with the Fall? Spices? Apples? Red items? My kids picked the post for Wednesday. I will say these cupcakes are so delicious. I will be making these cupcakes again. I offered a cupcake to my kids unfrosted, they thought they were muffins. They tried very hard to eat them for breakfast. I didn't give in even though I wanted one too.
Spicy Apple Cupcakes
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground allspice
4 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 small apples, shredded

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 
  2. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
  3. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and allspice. Set aside.
  4. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy.
  5. Add the vanilla and mix for a minute.
  6. Add the egg and combine until incorporated.
  7. Add the flour mixture with the buttermilk. Mix until incorporated.
  8. Fold in the shredded apples. 
  9. Evenly distribute the batter between the cupcake liners.
  10. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. (My cupcakes took 25 minutes.)
  11. Allow to cool completely if frosting.
Recipe adapted from The Chow.

One year ago.......................I made Vanilla Wafer Cookies.
Three years ago...................I made Chicken Spaghetti.
Did you already know............
-In the color spectrum, red has the longest wavelengths.
-In a rainbow, red is the top color.
-About 6% of the male population have deuteranopia. They are unable to see red-green.

No comments:

Post a Comment