Monday, April 20, 2015

Almost herbs de Provence

Since I have so many spices in my kitchen, I like to make up my own blends rather than buy them. I make my own poultry seasoning and taco seasoning. Well, now I have added another blend. I will admit I had to buy some more rosemary since I was out. I didn't realize how often I use it but it seems like I go through a lot of it. Also, I had to leave out savory since I had never bought it and couldn't find it. Last year, I had some in my farm share but didn't think to dry it. Since I had so many other herbs, I decided not to go hunting all over town for savory. Why am I showing you this blend? My next posting will probably not surprise you if this blend shows up in it.
Almost Herbs de Provence
2 Tbsp dried rosemary
2 Tbsp dried thyme
2 Tbsp dried oregano
2 Tbsp dried basil
2 Tbsp dried marjoram
1 Tbsp dried fennel seed

Directions:
  1. In a zip lock bag, add all the ingredients. 
  2. Shake well until combined. 
  3. Store in an air tight container.
Recipe adapted from Emeril.

One year ago.................................I made Bunny Cupcakes.
Two years ago...............................I made Fried Cheese Sticks.
Three years ago............................I made Breakfast Bruschetta.
Did you already know......................
-Herbs de Provence are herbs reminiscent of Southern France.
-Different brands have different mixtures of herbs but traditional summer savory is included. 
-The addition of lavender is not a traditional ingredient.

No comments:

Post a Comment