Thursday, November 24, 2011

Poultry Seasoning

 Happy Thanksgiving!

I have so many seasonings in my cabinet. I know I have to use them so when I ran out of poultry seasoning last year. I read the container and did some research online. The recipes online didn't look like the ingredients listed on the container. I guessed the measurements and did the sniff test. I sure wasn't going to taste it. I even recruited my children to smell. They thought this was a lot of fun. I had everyone compare my concoction to the poultry seasoning bottle. Finally, I had something that appear to smell very similar. I use poultry seasoning in my meatloaf so I go through it often. Everyone told me the meatloaf tasted like before. 
Since it is Thanksgiving, no stores are open in my area. I wanted to post my poultry seasoning concoction just in case you need it.
Poultry Seasoning
1 1/2 Tbsp thyme
1 Tbsp sage
1 tsp marjoram
1/2 tsp rosemary
1/2 tsp parsley
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp pepper
small, tiny pinch nutmeg

Directions:
  1. Mix all the seasonings and grind if desired for a more ground texture.
Recipe from Jen of Sweet Morris
Love the snow!
I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment