Monday, May 30, 2016

Sauteed Mushrooms

     My oldest daughter told me she missed my blogs. I have missed blogging too but I just had this cold that I couldn't shake. I was tired. I didn't want to cook. My husband even made me go to the doctor. Then I had to take medicine which made me feel better than my youngest daughter gave me another cold. So, finally I feel great! Great enough to cook! My oldest daughter said I've been posting a lot of desserts so I decided to post about mushrooms!
     When I lived in Colorado, I liked to eat at this restaurant called The Hungry Farmer. I would order there sauteed mushrooms for an appetizer. Well, I haven't been back to Colorado for over ten years. Also, the restaurant has closed. I did find an old menu online. Does the dish taste like I remember? I can't remember. I know this recipe did taste good. My husband liked it. I think these would be an awesome topping for steak. Are they low calories? No so it is a good thing that it was an appetizer.
Sauteed Mushrooms
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp salted butter
8 oz. button white mushrooms
1 tsp garlic salt
1 Tbsp dry parsley

Directions:
  1. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and butter over medium heat.
  2. Add the mushrooms, garlic salt, and parsley. 
  3. Saute the mushrooms for about 5 minutes or until the mushrooms are cooked.
Recipe by Jen of Sweet Morris. 

One year ago.........................I made Caesar Salad Dressing.
Two years ago.......................I made Hardtack.
Three years ago.....................I made PB Cup PB Cookies.
Four years ago.......................I made Feta Topped Chicken.
Did you already know................
-Mushrooms do not require sunlight to make energy since they have no chlorophyll.
-In the U.S., the white button mushroom is the most popular mushroom.
-During the reign of King Louis XIV, a commercial mushroom farm was created in a cave in France.

No comments:

Post a Comment