Thursday, December 8, 2011

Blueberry Muffins

What is your favorite muffin? I would have to say my family loves blueberry muffins. I have made some many blueberry muffins over the years. I have made a brown butter blueberry muffin that is wonderful the day I bake it. It would be my favorite but I don't really like it the next day. Muffins have to taste great the next day since it will our breakfast while we rush out the door. 
 I made these blueberry muffins and they tasted great the next day. I love Maine wild blueberries but they aren't in season right now. So, I used the frozen wild blueberries and the recipe came out so well my youngest ate so many of the muffins I thought she was about to turn into Violet the blueberry girl from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.
To Die For Blueberry Muffins

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
 milk
1 cup blueberries, frozen

Topping ingredients
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup butter, cubed
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. 
Line the muffin tin with muffin liners.
Mix the 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, 1/2 tsp salt, and the 2 tsp baking powder.
Place the vegetable oil in a 1 cup measuring cup. Add the egg and top the cup with milk until the 1 cup measuring cup reaches the 1 cup mark.
Fold in the blueberries.
Fill each muffin cup to the top.
If desired the crumb topping, combine the 1/4 cup sugar, 1/8 cup flour, 1/8 cup of butter, and the 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon. Mix with a fork and sprinkle on top of the muffins.
Bake the muffins for 20 minutes or until done.
Let cool before serving.

Recipe adapted from allrecipe.
Did you already know...........
-Roald Dahl wrote Charlie and the Chocolate Factory in 1964. 
-The book was adapted into the musical film Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory starring Gene Wilder.
-In 2005, Tim Burton directed Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
-The main difference is Charlie and the Chocolate Factory focused more on Charlie while Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory focused more on Willy Wonka.
-Mr. Dahl also wrote James and the Giant Peach and Matilda.

Which movie did you like better? 

No comments:

Post a Comment