Normally, I make children friendly recipes. This is an adult dessert. There is alcohol in the cake, filling, and frosting. My husband's work was having a holiday get together and I thought this would be a popular dessert to bring. My husband agreed.
I made sure the kids did not have one of these. I will remake these at a later date with no alcohol. I did ask my husband if he could taste the alcohol. He said no but then admitted he had a cold. I asked my favorite friend if she could taste the alcohol and she said yes. I hope you enjoy these cupcakes.Boozy Bourbon Chocolate Cupcakes
1 box Dark Chocolate cake mix
1 cup skim milk/water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/4 Bourbon whiskey
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup heavy cream
6 oz. semi-sweet baking chocolates squares/chips
1/3 cup butter
3 Tbsp Godiva chocolate liqueur
1 1/2 sticks of butter, softened
3-4 cups powdered sugar
3 Tbsp Godiva White Chocolate liqueur
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- Mix cake mix, milk, oil, bourbon, eggs, and vanilla.
- Fill the cupcake liners about two-thirds full.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until done.
- Cool for about 10 minutes.
- Heat the heavy cream with the squares in a microwave safe bowl for about 1 minute. Stir and repeat in 30 minute increments until the chocolate is melted. Stir between increments.
- Stir in the butter until melted and then add the liqueur.
- Place in the refrigerator to cool.
- Cream the butter with 2 cups of powdered sugar until fluffy.
- Add the liqueur and the vanilla.
- Combine and continue adding 1/2 cup of powdered sugar until the frosting reaches the desired consistency.
- Cut off the top of the cupcake and place to the side.
- Cut a small hole in the center of the cupcake and set to the side.
- Add the filling into the center and on the top of the cut piece.
- Place the center and top of the cupcake back to its original place.
- Frost each cupcake top.
- Repeat process until all the cupcakes are frosted.
- Take the filling and heat in the microwave about 30 seconds.
- Stir and drizzle over the top of each cupcakes. Enjoy!
Did you already know.............
-In 1926, Joseph Draps founded Godiva Chocolatier in Brussels, Belgium.
-The company is named in honor of the Lady Godiva legend.
-Lady Godiva legend tells about an Anglo-Saxon Lady in the 12th century who was dared by her husband to ride through town naked. If she did it, he would lift his oppressive taxes on his people. She asked the town to stay inside and not peek. She accomplished the dare with only Tom peeking (Peeping Tom) and helped her people.
If you eat too many of these cupcakes, your world may become a little tilted. Please do not follow Lady Godiva's example.