Is there a condiment you always have in your house? Besides ketchup and Ranch dressing, we always have sour cream. My husband loves to make a ranch sour cream type dip and always needs sour cream. If I need sour cream for a recipe, I will buy light since I know it will not be touched.Remember, I'm trying to eat more vegetables for my New Years Resolution so I thought this would be a great recipe to try. My family and I liked it. I served it with a vegetable medley and pilaf rice. They did not even know it was from a healthy cookbook. The recipe has no salt in it and I didn't think it needed it.
Herbed Chicken with Sour Cream-Wine Sauce
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp dried basil
1/8 tsp ground pepper
4 boneless chicken breast
1/2 cup white wine (I used Schmitt Sohne Riesling)
1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
2/3 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup shredded carrots
2 Tbsp all purpose flour
2 Tbsp water
3 Tbsp nonfat/light sour cream
- Mix the oregano, thyme, basil, and pepper.
- Spray the chicken with a nonstick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle the herbs over the chicken.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook the chicken for 2 minutes per a side or until browned.
- Add the wine and chicken broth to the skillet and cover. Reduce the heat and simmer the chicken for 20 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and carrots. Simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a serving platter and cover to keep warm.
- Add the flour and the water to the skillet. Whisk until thickened.
- Stir in the sour cream to skillet and cook for a few minutes.
- Spoon the mixture over the chicken and serve.
Did you already know.................
-Riesling wines are made from a white grape.
-Riesling wines originated from the Rhine valley of Germany.
-Riesling wines can range from a sweet to a dry white wine.
-Troken Riesling wine is a dry white wine.