Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Raspberry Almond Bundt Cake

My daughter told me the raspberries were soft. Upon my review, the raspberries weren't soft but I knew she wasn't going to eat anymore. Since my raspberries were going "soft", I figured I better bake something with it. A cake was the perfect solution. My daughter liked my solution. The cake received nice reviews from my two guys. Anything with raspberries and almonds are great to me.
Raspberry Almond Bundt Cake
3 cups all purpose flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup butter, softened
3 large eggs
1/2 tsp almond extract
2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup buttermilk
2 cups raspberries
1/2 cup almonds, toasted
powder sugar, for topping

Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Spray a Bundt pan with nonstick baking spray and coat with flour. Sprinkle half the almonds into the pan. Set aside.
  3. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
  4. In a large bowl, Cream the sugar and butter until fluffy.
  5. Add one egg at a time and mix to incorporate.
  6. Add the almond extract and vanilla extract. Mix to incorporate.
  7. Add a little flour mixture and then mix in some buttermilk. Mix until just incorporated.
  8. Gently fold in the raspberries. 
  9. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. 
  10. Sprinkle the remaining toasted almonds on top.
  11. Bake the cake for 1 hour or until an inserter inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean. 
  12. Allow the cake to cook for 10 minutes before removing the cake from the pan. 
  13. Sift powdered sugar over top before serving. 
Recipe adapted from Epicurious.

One year ago........................I made Mabel Sandwich.
Two years ago......................I made Peach Scones.
Three years ago....................I made Shortbread Cookies.
Did you already know...................
-Raspberries are native to Europe.
-In North America, black and golden raspberries are found in addition to the red raspberries.
-Raspberries belong to the rose family.

2 comments:

  1. I pinned Raspberry Almond Bundt cake! https://www.pinterest.com/pin/15129348725609654/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The binomial name of black raspberry is Rubus occidentalis, which is belongs to the species of Rubus native to eastern North America. Other names occasionally used include black cap raspberry, black raspberry extract

    ReplyDelete