Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Fruit Smoothie

The other morning my son and I walked outside. We could hear a loud strange noise coming from the next street over. My son turned to me and asked me what could it be. (I think the noise was someone testing their generator) I asked him, "Doesn't it sound like aliens invading?"  Unconcerned, he shrugged and asked me, "What should we do?" I told him  not to worry since I eat my young. I did playfully try to chase him. He thought it was funny. Later in the car, he asked, "What would we do if aliens invade?" What would you do?
I told my son that he would probably go into hiding with his two older sisters with the pantry full of food while Daddy and I would have to fight. (So if we are ever invaded, you will know where to find me.) He told me he would fight too. I wasn't sure if it was just the thought of being stuck hiding with his two older, bossier sisters because that scared him more than facing aliens.
I still was surprised since I would have thought he would be happy with a pantry of food at his disposal which consisted mostly of cereal. I probably have more boxes of cereal than cans in my pantry. So next time you were wondering why I didn't blog that day, we probably ordered pizza, cereal, or a smoothie. I love smoothies. To me, it is a healthy treat. I didn't add any sweeteners to mine but the children did to their smoothie.

Fruit Smoothies


2 cups blueberries, frozen
2 kiwi, chopped
16 strawberries, frozen
1 cup mint leaves, torn
1 cup spinach
1/2 cup milk
optional: agava syrup, honey, or sugar to taste


Directions:
Blend all ingredients until smooth.


Recipe adapted to a smooth from: Williams-Sonoma. For additional juice recipes or to adapt to a smooth, check the link out. 
Did you already know.............

-Extraterrestrial Highway is 92 miles long located near Area 51.
-Area 51 is an Air Force Base located about 100 miles from Las Vegas.
-"No federal funds have been spent searching for radio signals from extraterrestrials since 1993" according to the New York Times article.

No comments:

Post a Comment