Saturday, March 17, 2012

Leprechauns

My youngest daughter set up traps to catch a leprechaun. She said she wanted his gold or to make him a servant. I said to her I thought your younger brother was your servant. "Yep, he is," she replied. I just don't think he received the memo or he is going to be fired soon.
Since my daughter is setting up traps, I figured I could set up my own trap. I made Pioneer Woman's Knock You Naked Brownies. This way I can catch someone with no green, right? Clever, huh. My husband tried this dessert and he said they are really good even with the nuts since he doesn't eat nuts.
 Knock You Naked Brownies
1 box German Chocolate Mix

1 cup pecans, chopped
1 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup butter, melted
60 whole caramels, unwrapped
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup powdered sugar

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Grease a 9 x9 or 7.5 x 11 inch baking pan.
  3. In a large bowl, mix the cake mix, pecans, 1/3 cup evaporated milk, and the melted butter. Combine well.
  4. Take half of the batter and press into the baking pan.
  5. Bake about 8 to 10 minutes.
  6. Remove and set aside.
  7. In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the caramels with the remaining evaporated milk for about 2 minutes. Stir and microwave for another 20 seconds if needed until all of the caramels are melted.
  8. Pour the caramel milk into the baking pan evenly over the pressed brownie base.
  9. Sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the caramel.
  10. With the remaining batter in the large bowl, roll out onto a floured surface.
  11. Place the rolled batter dough on top of the chocolate chips and caramel.
  12. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
  13. Remove from pan and allow to cool.
  14. Once the brownies have cooled to room temperature, cover and refrigerate for several hours.
  15. Before serving, dust with the powdered sugar. 
Recipe adapted from Pioneer Woman
Maybe next year

 Did you already know....
-Leprechauns originally wore red.
-You can try to find one by listening to the sound of their hammer while they make shoes.
-Here is a webcam in Ireland to spot a leprechaun
Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment