Sunday, April 1, 2012

April Fools Day

Do you play practical jokes on each other? My husband has been fooled several times by his siblings. One time he was given a fake lottery ticket and thought he won big. I'm a good wife and I don't play pranks on him. I have scared him a couple of times especially when he is watching scary movies but that is different. I have not played any practical jokes on the kids. They have tried to fool me but they will need to work harder. My son thinks April Fools Day is the day you should tell jokes. I prefer the jokes over pranks any day.
For this April Fools, I wanted to make something fun. My children picked this recipe. My sister has made these cupcakes many times and said they were easy. I thought they were a lot of fun to make. Our oldest son asked if I had made my meatballs and stuck them on top of the cupcakes. The meatballs are very convincing.
Spaghetti and Meatball Cupcakes
12 cupcakes
1 (16 oz) container of vanilla frosting
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
yellow food dye (optional)
1 cup strawberry jam
12 Ferrero Rocher Hazelnut chocolates

Directions:
  1. Cook your cupcakes according to desired recipe. Allow to cool.
  2. Place all of the cupcakes close together and touching each other. 
  3. In a small bowl, combine the frosting with the vanilla extract and a couple drops of the yellow food dye. 
  4. Spoon the frosting into a large plastic freezer bag. 
  5. Seal the bag and cut off a small corner of the bag.
  6. Pipe the frosting all over the cupcakes making it look like spaghetti. Have some of the frosting hang over the sides of the cupcakes.
  7. In a small bowl,  add the strawberry jam and stir.
  8. Add the chocolates and cover well.
  9. Spoon a little of the jam onto the cupcakes.
  10. Place one of the jam covered chocolates on top of each cupcake. 
Recipe adapted from Hello Cupcake cookbook by Karen Tack and Alan Richardson.
Did you already know......
-New Years Day once was celebrated on April 1st but with the Gregorian calendar the New Years Day was moved to January 1st.
 -Check out this site for some April Fool's Ideas. 
Are you done yet?


Have a fun and safe April Fool's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment