Have you ever purchased a box of those chewy granola bars? These Jubilation Granola Chews are soft and chewy like those bars but much better. We really loved this recipe. I think I will be making this recipe before any trip.
This weeks Project Pastry Queen was picked by Amanda of Homekeeping Adventures. The other great thing about this recipe is if you don't have almonds use walnuts. You can vary the ingredients with whatever you have on hand. Please make sure to check out the other members variations of this recipe. After I made the recipe, I individually wrapped each one for a quick snack to go.Jubilation Granola Chews
3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup agave syrup
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
4 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1 cup walnuts, chopped
1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup craisins
1/2 cup currants
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup golden flax seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- On a baking sheet, toast the oatmeal for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add the toasted oatmeal and set aside.
- On the same baking sheet previously used, add the nuts, coconut, sunflower, and flax seeds.
- Toast the nut mixture in the oven for about 7 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add the mixture to the oatmeal bowl. Set aside.
- Spray a 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the brown sugar, honey, agave syrup, maple syrup, and water.
- Heat the mixture over medium-high heat until the mixture comes to a bowl.
- Reduce the heat to medium heat and simmer for about 8 to 10 minutes until the mixture reaches around 234 to 240 degrees F on a candy thermometer.
- Stir in the butter, peanut butter, salt, and vanilla.
- After combining, add the honey mixture to the oatmeal bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the greased 9x13 baking pan.
- Evenly press the mixture into the pan using a sheet of wax paper.
- Allow the mixture to cool for about 1 hour.
- Cut the bars in about 4 1/2 x 1 1/2 inch bars.
Did you already know...
-In 1930, three cranberry growers formed Ocean Spray.
-The companies first product sold was jellied cranberry sauce.
-Cranisins were first introduced in 1993.