Saturday, April 28, 2012

Double Chocolate Cookies

Sometimes I will bake something and I never get a chance to post it. Why? My hidden stash is found. I think I will be finding a new hiding area. When I was a teenager, my best friend's father would hide his sweets in unusual places like the dishwasher. With my luck, my family would decide to do dishes for me and still find them.
Yes, these cookies are worthy of hiding them. I have made these cookies many times. At the moment, they are my favorite cookie.Since they are gigantic, I do share. It is a copy cat recipe from a cookie found at Levain Bakery.
Double Chocolate Cookies
1 cup unsalted butter, cubed and chilled
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
2 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Combine the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
  3. Add the eggs one at a time to the butter mixture.
  4. Mix in the cocoa powder and blend until well incorporated.
  5. Add the flour, salt, and baking powder and mix until just incorporated.
  6. Fold in the chocolate chips.
  7. Transfer the dough to a clean surface and knead briefly until well combined.
  8. Divide the dough into desired portion size. For giant cookies, divide into 12 equal pieces.
  9. Place the dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart. 
  10. Bake the dough for about 16 minutes or until set.
  11. Allow the cookies to cool for about 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack. 
Recipe adapted from Annie's Eats.

Waiting to take one of the last three cookies!
Did you already know...
-The first dishwasher patent was to Joel Houghton in 1850. His patent only splashed water on dishes.
-In 1886, Josephine Cochran decided to invent a workable, mechanical dishwasher in which she reveiled at the 1893 World Fair.
-Her main customers at the time were hotels and large restaurants.
-The general public was interested in her invention until the 1950s.

Does anyone know what famous company Josephine Cochran founded?

No comments:

Post a Comment