Friday, September 7, 2012

PB Brownies

When I am really tired, I have a bad habit of calling people by the wrong name. Normally, it is no big deal. I have on occasion called all of my children by their sibling's name. The children just answer me. They do not even correct me. I have even introduced myself by the wrong name once. I don't even realize I did it. The problem comes when I call my husband by the wrong name. Well, the other night I happen to call my husband by my brother in laws name. Without correcting me, he just answered, "Sweetie, you can call me by any name you want as long as you continue to cook this good!"
One of the recipes my husband was referring to are these brownies. They are dense and chocolatey with the added bonus of peanut butter. These brownies have been requested again. They were gone fast. My oldest daughter ate one and she was in heaven even if I recently called her by my sister's name.
Peanut Butter Marbled Brownies
Peanut Butter Layer:
6 oz. cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg
2 Tbsp milk
Chocolate Layer:
1 cup butter, melted
2 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 eggs
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 Tbsp milk

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
  3. In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 egg, and 2 Tbsp milk until smooth. Set aside.
  4. In a large bowl, combine the melted butter, 2 cups sugar, and vanilla. 
  5. To the melted butter mixture, add the eggs one at a time. Beat well after each egg. 
  6. In another medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. 
  7. Combine the flour mixture to the melted butter mixture.
  8. Remove 1/2 cup of the chocolate batter.
  9. Stir 1 Tbsp milk to the 1/2 cup of the chocolate batter. Set aside.
  10. To the remaining chocolate batter, fold in the chocolate chips.
  11. Spread the chocolate chip batter into the greased baking pan.
  12. Spread the peanut butter filling over the top.
  13. Drop the reserved chocolate batter by spoonful over the peanut butter filling.
  14. Using a knife, gently swirl the topping layer for a marbled effect.
  15. Bake the brownies for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out almost clean.
  16. Allow the brownies to cool completely before slicing into bars.
Recipe adapted from Lick the Bowl Good.

1 year ago post...Snow White Vanilla Birthday Cake
Did you already know...
-About 540 peanuts were used to make a 12 oz. jar of peanut butter.
-60% of consumers prefer creamy peanut butter or chunky.
-In the U.S., peanut butter is the leading use for peanuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment