Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Lunch Time

I am really bad at making my lunch for work. I will normally bring a frozen meal or grab something out. If I'm home, I'll make lunch. I know it would be healthier to bring my lunch so I'm trying out different things to make then just bring a normal sandwich. Well, my oldest daughter loves bagels. So when she went to the store for me, she picked up mini bagels for our breakfast the next day. (It is wonderful to have a daughter who can drive and loves to run to the store.) Well, I wanted to use the bagels up. I decided to make bagel sandwiches. My son thought this was a great idea. My youngest daughter wasn't so sure. They loved it. I did too. It is always great when the kids like a meal that is quick-remember my son loves baby back ribs. I used cherry tomatoes since I prefer the taste. Since my family really liked this simple lunch, I thought maybe you would too.
Bagel Sandwich
1 mini bagel, split
2 slices of deli ham
1 tsp mayonnaise
1 slice of provolone cheese
3 cherry tomatoes, sliced

Directions:

  1. Lightly toast the bagel. Allow to cool for a minute.
  2. Add the slices of ham.  
  3. Spread the mayonnaise over the ham.
  4. Add the slice of cheese. 
  5. Top the cheese with the tomato slices.
Wrap well and bring to work for lunch. (A reminder to me.)
Last year at this time..............I made Orange Chicken
Did you already know.....
- The exact origin of the bagel is unknown. 
-In 1610, the bagel is mentioned in an article published in Poland. 
-In the early 1900s, New York city had a bagel union to represent bagel workers.

No comments:

Post a Comment