Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Chocolate Chip Oreo Cookies with PB cups

Sometimes I need a quick recipe for a last minute party, school function, holiday, celebration, or insanity. Only during last minutes desperation, I will make these cookies. Why? Because they are so good. I have several family members that love me when I bring these cookies to a party. Now, you can make your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe for these cookies. I even have several chocolate chip cookie recipes that you can try. I am only showing you the quick way so you can save time. I normally make my desserts by scratch but if I'm going to save time it will be with this dessert.
Chocolate Chip Oreo Cookies with PB cups
1 (32 oz.) Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
12 miniature peanut butter cups, chopped roughly
12 oreo cookies (even the colorful stuffing works fine)

Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
  3. In a thick freezer bag, crush the oreo cookies with the filling. 
  4. Take about 1 1/2 inch scoop of the cookie dough and flatten.
  5. Place in the bag and press the crushed cookie into the dough.
  6. Roll the oreo dough into the chopped peanut butter cups.
  7. Form the dough into a ball.
  8. Roll the dough back into the crushed cookies to coat.
  9. Place the dough onto the baking sheet with 2 inches between each cookie dough ball.
  10. Bake the cookies for about 10 minutes and set aside.
  11. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack.
Recipe adapted from Picky Palate. 
*Throw out any remaining crushed oreos and PB pieces since they were rolled in raw cookie dough.

One year ago.........................I made Rice Pilaf.
Did you already know...........
-There are 36 Reece's miniature peanut butter cups in a bag.
-A 32 oz. package of toll house cookie dough will make 36 cookies.
-There are 30 oreos in a 18 oz. package of Oreo Cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment