Monday, April 29, 2013

Rest of the bag chocolate chip cookie bars

My children like to sneak some of my chocolate chips with any other type of chips they can find. I know this since I keep my opened chocolate chip bags in a large storage bag and somehow the bags slowly are reduce. Since I didn't have enough chips to bake one type of cookies, I decided to combine all the chips. I had on hand heath bar bits, peanut butter chips, and chocolate chips. I thought this is the best way to use up all those chips. They did come out very good. I even left a couple in my husband's car so he would at least get one. If I hadn't sneaked a couple to him, he probably wouldn't have had any.
Rest of the bag chocolate chip cookie bars
2 1/8 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cups sugar
3/4 cups brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs 
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup Heath English Toffee bits
1/2 cup peanut butter chips

Directions:
  1. Line the bottom of a 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
  2. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
  3. In a large bowl, cream the butter with the sugar, and brown sugar until fluffy. 
  4. Add the vanilla and the eggs to the sugar mixture. Mix well.
  5. Slowly, add the flour mixture to the butter mixture.
  6. Fold in the chocolate chips, Toffee bits, and peanut butter chips.
  7. Spoon the cookie mixture evenly into the baking dish.
  8. Place the dish into the refrigerator and allow to chill for at least one hour. (I allowed it to chill for 16 hours.)
  9. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
  10. Place the chilled dough into the oven and bake for 35 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown. The cookie should be mostly cooked through but a little gooey still in the middle.
  11. Allow the cookies to cool completely before slicing.
Recipe adapted from the Original Tollhouse Cookie recipe.

One year ago.........................I made Nuevo Texas Waldorf Salad.
Did you already know...........
-Heath English Toffee bits are owned by the Hershey Company.
-Hershey acquired the Heath brand in 1996.
-The Heath bar was created by the two Heath brothers in 1928. 

No comments:

Post a Comment