Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Sugar Cookies Ice Cream Sandwiches

Yes, I know that I just posted a sugar cookie recipe but they had frosting on them. They didn't have ice cream in the middle with sprinkles on the edges. Plus this recipe the cookies are perfect to make up some ice cream sandwiches. The frosted sugar cookies were requested by my youngest daughter. These sprinkle cookies were made for my niece for her birthday party. Since I had doubled the recipe, I softened some ice cream and sandwiched it between two of these cookies. Then I rolled them in some more sprinkles. I am pretty sure my oldest daughter was eating one a day. I picked a red, white, and blue theme since it is so close to the 4th of July.
Sugar Cookies Ice Cream Sandwiches
Sugar Cookies (made with red, white, and blue sprinkles)
Ice Cream (made with no added cookie dough)
Sprinkles

Directions:
  1. Take the ice cream out of the freezer and allow to soften. If it is a hot day, the ice cream will soften within minutes.
  2. Shape the ice cream into disks the size of the sugar cookies.
  3. Place the ice cream on top of one sugar cookie and top with another sugar cookie. 
  4. Press down lightly but be careful not to break the cookies.
  5. Place the sprinkles onto a small plate.
  6. Roll the sides of the ice cream into the sprinkles.
  7. Wrap up the ice cream sandwiches or place in freezer bags and freeze until harden. 
Tip: If it is hot day, the ice cream sandwiches should be made in batches.
One year ago..............................I made roasted chicken.
Did you already know.................
-In July 1776, there were about 2.5 million people living in the American colonies.
-Last year, the U.S. population was almost 314 million. 
-President Calvin Coolidge was born on July 4th, 1872.

1 comment:

  1. Let me just say that I could not get enough of those sandwiches. I actually had to hide with my sister to eat them.

    ReplyDelete