Friday, August 16, 2013

Taco Quesadillas

I made tacos the other night and had leftovers. Since I had plenty of tortillas left, I asked who wanted taco meat in their quesadillas. I was surprised my family were all for it. I asked what toppings they wanted and they elected onions and salsa. My family has an inclination to onions. I like onions but not to this extreme. While my sister was visiting, she was opposed to onions so I had tried to limit the amount of onions I used. Maybe my family are just trying to make up for the lack of onions in their diet?
Taco Quesadillas per serving
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 8 inch flour tortillas
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup cooked taco meat
optional: salsa, sour cream, hot sauce, tomatoes, onions

Directions:
  1. In a medium skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat.
  2. Add one tortilla into the skillet.
  3. Carefully, sprinkle the cheese onto the tortilla.
  4. Spoon the taco meat onto the cheese.
  5. Add any optional topping like onions.
  6. Place the second tortilla on top.
  7. Once the cheese has melted, carefully flip the tortilla over.
  8. Allow the quesadilla to cook for a few more minutes and the bottom of the second tortilla is golden brown.
  9. Remove and add any desired topping.
  10. Serve immediately.
Recipe by Jen of Sweet Morris.

One year ago...............................I made Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies.
I'm not eating what you are trying to take a photo of? I don't know what you are talking about.
Did you already know..................
-Queso means cheese in Spanish.
-Quesadilla are made fried flour or corn tortillas with a filling inside.
-There are plethora of recipes for quesadillas including oysters, pumpkin, salmon, lobster, pineapple and turkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment