Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Bacon Cheeseball

At my old work, one of my coworkers would bring in a cheese ball to the Christmas party. It was good and very popular. One year she told us that it was pretty easy to make. I figured I would make one. They are real easy to make. I made mine with a little bit of heat but this recipe is easily adaptable to your preference. I used a food processor since I used it to shred the cheese first then to crumble the bacon. What a tasty treat!
Bacon and Cheddar Cheese Ball
1 package (8 oz.) reduced cream cheese (Neufchatel), softened
1 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
16 slices crispy bacon stripes, crumbled

Directions:
  1. In a food processor, combine the shredded cheese with the cream cheese until well incorporated.
  2. Add half the crumbled bacon. Mix well. 
  3. Form the cheese mixture into 2 balls. 
  4. Add the remaining bacon crumples onto a plate.
  5. Roll the cheese balls into the bacon crumples.
  6. Wrap the balls in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 8 hours before serving.
Adapted from Kraft.

One year ago.........................I made Vanilla Cookies.
Two years ago.......................I made Candy Cane Cookies.
Did you already know..........
-American Neufchatel is a reduced fat cream cheese.
-Neufchatel has 1/3 less fat than regular cream cheese.
-European Neufchatel is very different than the American version.

No comments:

Post a Comment