Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Peanut Butter Dipping Sauce

Kohlrabi is such a strange looking vegetable. I figure the best way for us to eat them are in a spring roll. My kids think it is cool. My son's friend wasn't going to be fooled into eating his vegetables. All the kids liked the dip. I asked my husband how I could get the dip thinner. He suggested that I should microwave it. I actually think the dip became thicker. It didn't affect the taste. I think the main problem was that I didn't want to measure the peanut butter so I estimated. I probably overestimated in the kids favor.
Peanut Butter Dipping Sauce
1/2 cup peanut butter
3 Tbsp water
3 Tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp vegetable oil
2 tsp rice wine vinegar
1/4 tsp ginger, minced

Directions:
  1. In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients until well incorporated.
Recipe adapted from Aaron McCargo, Jr

Two years ago.....................................I made Mini Fruit Crostatas.
Did you already know................
-Kohlrabi originates from wild cabbage in Europe.
-It can be eaten raw or cooked.
-It can be grown in less than 60 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment