Monday, March 16, 2015

Baileys Irish Cream Bars

In celebration of Saint Patrick's Day, I really wanted to make something with Baileys Irish cream. I figured I would adapt a peppermint bar recipe. In the cookbooks photos, the chocolate is cut perfect. To achieve the perfect cut, I recommend cutting the chocolate when it has set for a few minutes. As you can tell, I waited for the chocolate to harden. Well, it didn't affect the taste and I wasn't going to make another batch for the perfect picture. I think the best part of this recipe is the Baileys filling. I love to buy little nips. I think they are so cute. However, a whole bottle of Baileys wouldn't be a bad thing to have on hand.
Baileys Irish Cream Bars
4 oz. butter, softened
1/2 cup superfine sugar
1 1/2 cup flour
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
3 Tbsp water
1 nip Baileys Irish Cream
2 drops of green food coloring (optional)
12 oz. bittersweet chocolate chips

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 
  2. Line a 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick baking spray. Set aside. 
  3. In a medium bowl, cream the butter with the sugar until fluffy. 
  4. Stir in the flour and mix until incorporated and a smooth dough forms.
  5. Evenly press the dough into the baking pan.
  6. Bake for 10 minutes or until the dough is lightly browned and firm to touch.
  7. Allow the crust to cool completely in pan. 
  8. In a medium bowl, combine the powdered sugar, water, the Baileys, and a few drops of the green food coloring. Mix until combined.
  9. Spread the mixture on top of the cooled crust. Allow to set for an hour.
  10. Melt the chocolate in the microwave for 1 minute. Allow to sit for a minute before stirring. If needed, melt the chocolate for another 30 seconds until all the chocolate is melted.
  11. Spread the chocolate on top of the Baileys filling. 
  12. Allow the chocolate to set for a few minutes before cutting.
Recipe adapted from Blissful Brownies cookbook.

One year ago.........................I made Green Velvet Cake.
Two years ago.......................I made Creamed Spinach.
Three years ago.....................I made Brownies.
Did you already know...........
-In 1974, Baileys Irish Cream hit the market. 
-Baileys Irish Cream is sold in over 160 countries. 
-Baileys is one of the top ten liqueurs sold in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment