Friday, September 4, 2015

summer

Having to say good bye to another summer is hard. Being in North Carolina, summer lasts a little longer than when we were in Maine. I know there is always a surprise Indian Summer.In celebration to a fun summer, I wanted to share another post of our summer trip. These photos are our trip to New Hampshire.
Since I was a little girl, we have been visiting this pond. I remember doggie paddling out to the dock. I remember many attempt to learn how to water ski. I remember being at the pond for many 4th of July celebrations.The best part of always visiting the pond is spending the time with family.
The girls enjoying the paddle boat.
My sister and my niece taking a quick rest before swimming back to the dock.

A retired boat turned into a planter.
We were lucky to visit with our oldest daughter. Unfortunately, our oldest son couldn't make it due to work but we did get to see him.

Our very wet daughter giving my husband a nice hug! Isn't she so nice. He must have looked hot and needed to get wet. As you can tell, my husband wasn't expecting it.
All the kids having fun on the dock! 
 Did you already know....................
-Ponds are smaller and not as deep as lakes.
-A pond is shallow enough that sunlight can reach the plants at the bottom where plants grow.
-Some ponds are home to fish, leeches, and frogs.

Good bye summer until we meet again next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment