Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Nutella Chocolate Pudding

If you are going to make Angel Food Cake, you will have lots of egg yolks. I'm just preparing you. So, how do you use up a dozen egg yolks. You can make scrambled eggs with the egg yolks which my daughter loves. Why has my daughter had all yolks scrambled eggs? Because I wanted egg white scrambled eggs. I am not a big fan of egg yolks and she loves them so it is the perfect balance. With a dozen egg yolks, many other dishes can be made. So, I decided to make some chocolate pudding. This pudding is so good. I think I caught the children licking their bowls or maybe it was my husband? This chocolate pudding is really delicious.
Nutella Chocolate Pudding
2 cups of milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened chocolate powder
4 tsp cornstarch
3 large egg yolks
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup Nutella
1/2 tsp salt

Directions:
  1. In a medium saucepan, combine 1 1/2 cup milk, the sugar, and the cocoa powder.
  2. Over medium high heat, bring the milk mixture to a simmer. 
  3. Once simmering, remove from the heat. 
  4. In a medium bowl, combine 1/2 cup milk, cornstarch, egg yolks, vanilla extract, Nutella, and the salt.
  5. While whisking, add a spoonful of the hot milk mixture to the Nutella mixture. 
  6. While continuing to whisk, add another couple of spoonful of hot mixture to the Nutella mixture.
  7. Gradually whisk in more hot milk to the Nutella mixture. 
  8. Combine the Nutella mixture to the saucepan. 
  9. Heat the mixture over medium heat while continuing to whisk until the pudding begins to boil.
  10. Reduce the mixture to a simmer and continue to whisk. The mixture should begin to thicken within 2 or 3 minutes. 
  11. Pour the pudding into 6 small cups and cover with plastic wrap.
  12. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
Recipe adapted by Tyler Florence

One year ago.................................I made a Tomato Basil Soup.
Two years ago...............................I made Bourbon Bacon Burger.
Three years ago.............................I made Banana Bread Cookies.
Four years ago...............................I made Jalapeno Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms.

Did you already know.....................
-In England, a savory pudding  are sausages like the black pudding. 
-In England, a sweet pudding is a similar to a sponge since it is steamed and thickened with eggs.
-In America, pudding is similar to a custard and a starch is used to thicken it.

No comments:

Post a Comment